Health insurance

Doctoral students who are 26 or older, do not work or are not entitled to any insurance may  have their insurance arranged by the University.

Required documents:

  • ID card
  • valid student ID card

The doctoral students who are not Polish citizens or citizens of European Union countries but are of Polish origin may have their insurance arranged by the University on condition they provide all the necessary documents.

Required documents:

  • valid passport
  • confirmation of Polish origin
  • valid student ID card
  • voluntary health insurance contract with the National Health Fund (NFZ) branch in Krakow (ul. Batorego 24)
  • dormitory resident card or document confirming registration of residence in Krakow


The doctoral student whose insurance has been arranged by the University can apply for the insurance for their family members (non-working spouses and/or children).

Required documents:

  • spouse’s ID card
  • marriage certificate
  • child’s birth certificate
  • child’s national identification number (PESEL number)

The confirmation of the doctoral student’s health insurance is the ZUS ZZA form.

Contact info:

The Office for Financial Settlements and Student Disciplinary Offences is responsible for overseeing health insurance matters relating to doctoral students.

Address: ul. Straszewskiego 25, room 3 (1st floor)

Office hours: Monday – Friday 10.00-14.00